Anti-social behaviour includes - litter, fly-tipping, drinking in the street, nuisance neighbours, noise, abandoned vehicles, threatening behaviour.
What we do:
- Coordinate the work around anti-social behaviour across the city and the team that deals with issues and complaints.
- Take different actions against people who commit anti-social behaviour, including the use of Parenting Orders, Anti-social Behaviour Orders (ASBOs) and eviction.
- Work with a specialist solicitor when obtaining ASBOs to ensure offenders are more likely to pay for their actions.
- Share information so that all partners have consistent up-to-date details of victims and offenders and can offer the right support or take the correct action.
- Offer victims of anti-social behaviour in Newcastle specialist support through a dedicated ASB Victim Support Worker.
- At night the Council operates a late night noise service between 7pm and 4am on Friday to Monday and 7pm 1.30am from Tuesday to Thursday. The officers may use the Noise Act 1996 to issue warning notices and £110 fixed penalty notices if your neighbours refuse to turn down their noise. An extension of the Noise Act came into force in February 2008, enabling local authorities in England and Wales to tackle night time noise from licensed premises. The Night Watch service may be contacted on 0191 2787878. When calls are received they are usually responded to within 1 hour and officers will call out to assess appropriate action to the complaint. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To report anti-social behaviour phone:
- HASBET (Housing Anti-Social Behaviour and Enforcement Team): 0191 274 4000 (24 hours)
- Northumbria Police (non-emergencies): 03456 043 043 (in emergencies call 999)
- Envirocall (environmental problems – including fly-tipping, litter, graffiti): 0191 278 7878
- NightWatch (night time noise service), 7pm to 4am on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday night. And 7pm to 1.30am on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night.
- To contact the team you can still contact the team via the Envirocall number which is 0191 2787878, however we would advise people to contact the team direct on the team's mobile which is 07812975246.